Blur Driving Game Coming Soon
Blur is the powered-up racing experience heading to PC, PS3, X360 on the 28th May!
Real-world track locations packed with fast curves, hidden alternate routes and in-track jumps, with over 50 fully licensed cars looks to make Blur a driving highlight of the summer while we wait out for F1 2010 and Gran Turismo 5 in September. Unlike recent racing titles it's focus isn't purely on the realism of the graphics and physics, with power-ups, energy burst weapons, speed boosts and more included. The game’s story unfolds via a community-based interface which will allow players to build a network of allies, rivals, fans and personalized racing experiences that promises to give an enjoyable experience to all gamers.
Main things to look forward to:
- Power-ups that Shock Your Socks off – Drivers will collect and use addictive and intense Power-ups throughout each race, including the ability to blast other cars out of the way with huge bursts of energy, boost speed with Nitros, drop mines and even generate defensive shields to fend off other racers. Players can use each Power-up independently on the fly, or stack three of the same and combo them strategically to multiply the effect on the competition.
- Racing for All Gamers – Blur moves beyond traditional racers by taking genre staples, including licensed cars, photo-realistic graphics and real-world locations and combining them with gameplay designed completely to focus on ‘fun’, featuring intuitive pick-up-and-play controls, a unique and innovative social network style user interface, intense Power-ups, and races where players are always in the pack challenging for the lead from beginning to end. Blur is for all types of gamers, regardless of experience or skill level.
- Social Network Interface – Blur’s new, innovative social network user interface is designed to evolve dynamically as players compete in different races, make new friends, rivals and fans, and connect with other racers both in game and in real life. Gamers interact with one another through messaging, trading opinions, challenges and images, and learn what’s going on in the Blur world, including locating where and when the next big races are happening, rallying their fans for support, and taking up challenges designed to suit their favorite racing style.
- It Wouldn’t Be Racing Without Multiplayer – Blur offers gamers a new kind of racing experience that allows them to race with friends and as part of a network of players in high intensity competition and fun. The game supports competitive and cooperative gameplay, including team and objective based race events, and also features 4 player split-screen for playing with friends from the comfort of the couch. Blur also introduces Custom Groups – where anyone can create unique multiplayer modes based on their favorite ways to play the game. These new modes are then shared through Blur’s social network, expanding the game in ways only limited by the gaming community’s creativity.
- Real-World Cars and Locations – Blur features over 50 licensed cars to drive as players race through visually stunning tracks set in real-world locations ranging from L.A. and San Francisco to the streets of Hackney, UK, to the treacherous roads of Barcelona and all the way to Japan. As players progress through the game’s story, they’ll be able to unlock and purchase multiple versions of the cars, each paying homage to different racing cultures, including Rat, Drift, Smooth and Tuner, and each with their own specific performance pros and cons.
- Cinematic Destruction Meets Photo-Realism – CAUTION! – Racers may experience insane collisions featuring loads of damage and destruction, with panels crumpling on photo-realistic cars as they flip and roll down the track.